This is what happens when my FIL tells me he has pears that need to be picked. I make pear butter!
What is pear butter you ask?
Apple butter without the Apples! LOL
Taste just like homemade Apple butter
You can make this recipe and can it to put into the pantry or put in jars and freeze.
I doubled the recipe and put in canning jars in a water bath
- 5 1/2 pounds peeled pears
- 1-1/2 cups gentle sweet
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Place pears in slow cooker layering sugar between each layer.
- Add rest of ingredients on top and pack them down as well as you can.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low. Open and give it a stir. Keep covered and cook 8 hours or until thick and dark brown, stirring occasionally. (You can do this overnight and can in the morning).
- Uncover and cook for the last hour on low.
- If a smoother apple butter is desired, you may puree in blender or food mill.
- Place in sterile jars with lids and process for 10 minutes in hot water bath or you can freeze.
If you decide to can your pear butter
You can buy reusable jars with rings and lids for about $5 here
Ball Jelly Elite Collection Jam Jar (4 Pack), 8 oz, Clear
You need to be sure to sterilize your jars and lids
You might also like this set
Bellemain 6 Piece Canning Tool Set – Vinyl Coated Stainless Steel
You can get trim Healthy mama supplies here
You can also order the planbook on amazon with a speedy 2 day delivery here
Trim Healthy Mama Plan: The Easy-Does-It Approach to Vibrant Health and a Slim Waistline
or the cookbook with the same speedy 2 day delivery here
Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes
Some helpful groups on facebook for a beginner or a trim Healthy Mama Veteran
Getting started group study (unofficial)
Beginners group https://www.facebook.com/groups/THMBeginners/
Meal plan and prep group